120 HOUR ONLINE TEFL COURSE
120 hour TEFL
INTESOL offers an intense 120 hour Online TEFL Course aiming towards the aspiring teachers looking for a successful career in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language. EFL teaching can be an exciting opportunity for who has a special heart for teaching and traveling. Regular development in the field of TEFL has increased an insatiable demand for qualified EFL teachers. Teaching English to young learners is an inseparable part of EFL teaching. The TEFL course includes module on teaching young learners in order to equip the aspiring teachers with skills required for global teaching career. You will learn methods for engaging students and imparting knowledge among them in the most effective ways.
UNIT 1: STUDY SKILLS
(Not assessed) – How to organize your study time
- Personal motivation
- Planning and organizing study time - timetabling, study periods, realistic planning
- Study techniques - making notes, concept maps, nuclear notes, mnemonics
- 5 step reading techniques - selection, recognition, extraction, organization and transfer of information
How the course works - role of tutor, tutor assessed and self-study tasks
UNIT 2: THE STUDY OF ENGLISH
- Deductive Analysis and use of grammars
- Parts of speech and grammatical terminology
- The tense system, reported speech, active and passive
- Elements of pronunciation: intonation including rising and falling tones, sentence stress, weak forms
- Sounds of the language/phonology - word stress, schwa sound, phonemic chart
- Teaching a ‘pronunciation point’
- Lexis selection: frequency and appropriacy
- Lexis formation: synonyms and antonyms, word stems, parts of speech including prefixes and suffixes
UNIT 3: THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ESOL
- Overview of ESOL issues
- Being a caring teacher, involving students, using realistic language, keeping the students attention, teacher talking time, correction, levels in ESOL teaching, visual aids, use of mother tongue
- Teaching for exams: Cambridge ESOL, Professional English Examinations, TOEFL etc.
- The role of grammar, classroom techniques, one to one teaching
- Listening and Reading: skills and the textbook, different kinds of listening, available materials
- Reading in a foreign language; types of reading, types of texts, writing comprehension questions, stages of reading activities, designing reading activities
- Speaking and Writing: what it’s like speaking in a foreign language, setting up speaking activities, types of speaking activities, discreet sound teaching, issues in writing, the nature of writing as a skill, organizing and planning writing activities
- Visual Aids: study of all the audio-visual aids available
- Production of your own flashcards and aids to be used with a simple flannel graph
- Error: looking at authentic student errors, classifying them, using a correction code, producing remedial exercises and improving your own practice.
UNIT 4 CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND ASSESSMENT
- Learning and teaching: seating, name, teacher talk time, use of questions, ways of differentiating, managing interruptions, learning styles
- Lesson Stages and Plans
- Parts and stages of a lesson
- Time management, group, needs analysis, writing aims and objectives, predicting problems, sample lesson plans at a range of levels
BONUS UNIT: YOUNG LEARNERS (NOT ASSESSED)
Subjects covered in this unit are:
- Differences between the ways in which adults and children learn
- Features in the stages of development of Young Learners
- Classroom management strategies for use in the Young Learners classroom
- Teaching techniques for use with Young Learners
The 120 hour Online TEFL Course will be completed within 6 months of time where aspiring teachers will acquire skills for EFL teaching with a detailed guideline of proven methodologies. Any graduate in any discipline may apply for the course. The delivery method of the course will be completely online. You may avail this course for a reasonable fee of 15,000 INR or 220 USD along with tutor guidance and course material.
Accreditation plays an important role in any educational organization as it deals with the quality evaluation and finds out ways for regular improvements. All our courses are globally accredited and certified by ALAP. ALAP stands for Awarding language Acquisition for Professionals which is based in United Kingdom. This renowned organization is a supreme institute in the ELT industry and known for maintaining a higher academic quality.
It is a dual certificate course. On successful completion of the course, the students will be eligible for two certificates awarded by INTESOL and ALAP. The certificates are globally recognized and play valuable role in getting a teaching job on global platform and shaping a career. More importantly, all the students will get a transcript from ALAP which will be the permanent academic record and you will not get this from any other institute in the world.